Boyd Caton Group, Inc. (bcg) is seeking a highly motivated Technical Analyst who has experience in public transportation, transportation safety, or technical research; tracking and trending data; training; and preferred experience in risk management and mitigation. We are not just consultants that develop products: we create solutions that positively impact the lives of others. BCG provides innovative solutions and services to complex problems and processes in the transit.
Our thriving employees relentlessly strive to bring value to the lives of our clients, the industries we serve, and each other. Through diversity of ideas and focused ideals, we build relationships based on principles of service and gratitude. We are looking for an energetic, reliable, and confident self-starter to join our team. Candidates looking for a rewarding work environment with a growing company are encouraged to apply.
Spend your days
- Compiling, reviewing, and analyzing transit agency safety data.
- Reviewing, validating, and analyzing state safety oversight annual data as reported to the Federal Transit Administration’s National Transit Database and other reporting systems.
- Providing presentations, reports, and other products to display data within operating and safety contexts.
- Compiling, analyzing, and triaging multiple sources of safety data related to safety events/accidents, hazards, corrective actions and safety performance monitoring and measurement
- Providing data in support of the performance of safety risk assessments.
- Supporting the development of safety-related documents, including revised procedures and plans; training materials and guides; memos, management reports, tracking matrices, and other similar materials.
- Researching existing data analysis and presentation standards and best practices, as well as new technologies to support client leadership decision making.
- Supporting the development of technical assistance to industry stakeholders.
- Supporting technical training for industry stakeholders.
- Assisting in other outreach and technical assistance development for client’s external outreach and communication activities.
Bring with you
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of experience in a technical field. A Master’s degree can be substituted for 3 years of work experience. Relevant work experience with public transportation safety preferred.
- Experience performing data analysis and research.
- Experience interpreting policies, plans, procedures, and technical documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and accurately disseminate information.
- Interest in public transportation industry safety.
- Experience developing presentations and technical reports.
- Microsoft Office fluency.
- Experience or familiarity with the FTA State Safety Oversight Program, but not required.
- Experience working with Jira software desired, but not required.
- Legally authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Proof of COVID-19 full vaccination status
And you will receive
- Competitive compensation package plus benefits, including health and dental insurance.
- Vacation and sick pay.
- Matching retirement IRA option; and
- A committed team of professionals to spend your days with.
No relocation package: Preferred to have successful candidate relocate or reside in Charlottesville, Virginia, or the surrounding area. This position may qualify as a remote worker provided candidate possesses preferred skills, qualifications, and experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to email@example.com with Technical Analyst in the subject line.
bcg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. bcg prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.