What We Are Looking For
bcg is looking to hire a Contract Specialist to work from our Charlottesville office. The ideal candidate has successfully served as a point of contact for clients on pre- and post-award contracting requirements and administrative matters affecting major procurement for professional services. The Contract Specialist will serve as the lead for all contract management performing essential duties, including but not limited to contract modifications, closeouts, task orders, call orders, and purchase orders. In addition, this key team member will support bid and proposal processes, prepare invoices, assist with budget forecasting and tracking, perform a bimonthly QC of labor distribution and labor categories entered in the time entry system, prepare reports on contract burndown, administer security clearances and nondisclosure agreements for bcg team members. We’re looking for an energetic, reliable, confident self-starter to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding work environment with a growing company, let’s chat.
Bring With You
- Expertise in federal government contracting principles and procedures applicable to pre-award and post-award actions sufficient to provide advice on the award and administration of contracts.
- In-depth knowledge in interpreting and applying procurement guidelines, policies, and procedures to support the development of procurement, contract documents, legal specifications, and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in clear, concise language and in appropriate form and style; to make oral presentations; and to meet and deal effectively with clients and co-workers.
- Experience with project management and managing multiple, simultaneous efforts and tasks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and if necessary, in a remote team environment with limited supervision.
- Proven experience working with the Microsoft applications, Replicon (or similar software), and the Google Suite.
- Effective problem solving and strong interpersonal skills.
- Capable of maintaining close attention to detail.
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Prefer candidates live or willing to relocate to an hour radius of the Charlottesville, VA area. With a strong combination of experience and education consideration of up to 3 hours will be extended.
Spend Your Days
- Administering, preparing, and editing contract agreements for services provided by the company.
- Collaborating with multiple team members including Legal, Senior Leadership, Finance, and Operations to ensure strict adherence to contract requirements as well as supporting content for bid development.
- Analyzing RFP, bid, and contract content to prevent non-compliance with requirements.
- Developing and managing contract performance data related to cost and productivity and provide performance analysis data in reports to Leadership.
- Working independently analyzing contract language requirements and provisions to maintain compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identifying labor and pricing requirements, setting up pricing/estimate sheet(s), working with management to obtain labor, overhead, and fee-rates for bids, finalize reps and certifications, and review final bids for pricing.
- Accessing the System for Award Management (SAM) system and working with United States Government Services Administration (GSA) procurement practices to research available contracts for bid opportunities.
- Reviewing contracts for all pricing/invoicing requirements and obligations, work with Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to clarify invoicing and project budget reporting needs, managing, and tracking contract/task order budgets and status reports, labor rates and escalations, contract modifications, close-outs, and sales reporting (GSA) when applicable; provide contract/task order burndown reports to management and COR, and coordinate with COR on status, as necessary.
- Updating hours and costs in budget forecast and tracking sheet.
- Running month end hours report in time management system, updating monthly reports and submitting to management, sending combined monthly reports to editor for review, submitting final invoice to client via e-Invoicing system.
- Responding to ad hoc inquiries into contract performance and requirements.
- Maintaining complete and accurate contract records in both electronic and hard copy format, including corresponding project notes and customer inquiries.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining business confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS); and at least 7 years of experience in a similar role.
- 7+ years proven experience in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- 7+ years’ experience specializing in government contracts.
- Experience in Jira, Google Suite, and Dropbox, is a plus.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contract law, and procedures applicable to acquisition and contract administration including change orders, supplemental agreements, terminations, claims, and close out of contracts.
- Various types of contracts and contract methods to include simplified acquisitions, sealed bidding, negotiations, cost sharing, multiple awards, commercial items, and special provisions.
- Federal government contract administration principles and practices sufficient to monitor contractor performance and compliance with all terms and conditions of the contract.
And You Will Receive
- Competitive compensation package plus benefits; including health and dental insurance
- Vacation and sick pay
- Paid holidays
- Matching retirement IRA option
- Opportunity to work with a committed team of professionals
No relocation package – Must live in Charlottesville, Virginia, or surrounding area.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Contract Specialist.” Upon favorable review of your resume, you will be asked for samples of your work.
bcg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. bcg prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.