What We Are Looking For
Boyd Caton Group, Inc. (bcg) is seeking a highly motivated Consultant who has experience in public transportation or transportation safety; accident investigations; risk management, mitigation, tracking, and trending; and training. We are not just consultants that develop products: we create solutions that positively impact the lives of others. bcg provides innovative solutions and services to complex problems and processes in the transit industry.
Our thriving employees strive to bring value to the lives of our clients, the industries we serve, and each other. Through diversity of ideas and focused ideals, we build relationships based on principles of service and gratitude. We are looking for an energetic, reliable, and confident self-starter to join our team. Candidates looking for a rewarding work environment with a growing company are encouraged to apply.
Spend your days
- Leveraging experience and expertise in transit safety.
- Providing technical, programmatic, and analytic input.
- Supporting onsite State Safety Oversight (SSO) audits, Safety and Security Readiness Reviews (SSRRs), and other investigations and inspections in support of the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTA) Office of Transit Safety & Oversight (TSO).
- Reviewing transit and SSO annual submissions as well as safety and security documents.
- Researching existing standards, best practices, and new technologies in support of FTA leadership decision-making.
- Participating in client interviews, field assessments, and observations.
- Writing and editing reports and proposals.
- Interpreting and editing client documentation and procedures.
- Providing data, information, and analyses for use by bcg project managers and subject matter experts.
- Supporting the development and completion of presentations, reports, and other products to display data within operating and safety contexts.
- Compiling, analyzing, and triaging multiple sources of safety data related to safety events/accidents, hazards, corrective actions, and safety performance monitoring and measurement.
- Developing safety-related documents, training materials and guides, and other similar materials.
- Supporting the development of technical assistance for industry stakeholders.
Bring with you
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited school.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience with at least 10 years of experience in public transportation safety. A Master’s degree can be substituted for 3 years of work experience. Candidates with rail or bus transportation experience are preferred.
- Completion of the FTA’s Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) Certificate, or the Public Transportation Safety Certification Training Program is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of public transportation operations, maintenance, emergency preparedness, security, and/or safety, and especially safety management system (SMS) frameworks is strongly preferred, as is familiarity with FTA and United States Department of Transportation requirements.
- Proven leadership skills, with a strong record of stakeholder relations and coworker interaction.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and flexible work ethic.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, high levels of critical thinking, and ability to analyze and understand technical information.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex information effectively to multiple types of audiences, including individuals with and without technical backgrounds or skills.
- Ability to think creatively about data and how to present it as useful and engaging information, both for external and internal use.
- Experience working both independently and interfacing regularly with coworkers and clients.
- Motivation to actively look for ways they can help the bcg team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Google Docs, Jira, and Dropbox experience is a plus.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
And you will receive
- Competitive compensation package plus benefits, including health and dental insurance.
- Vacation and sick pay.
- Matching retirement IRA option.
- A committed team of professionals to spend your days with.
- A starting salary of $90,000 - $110,000 (commensurate with experience).
No relocation package – The position can be staffed in our Charlottesville, VA offices (virtual currently due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic), or candidate may qualify as a remote worker provided candidate possesses preferred skills, qualifications, and experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information to email@example.com with “Consultant” in the subject line.
bcg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Note: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must be able to pass federal government work clearance.