What We Are Looking For
bcg is looking to hire an Accounting Specialist to work from our Charlottesville office. The ideal candidate will possess a strong accounting background, report to the Finance Manager and assist with managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department. Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements. Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles. We’re looking for an energetic, reliable, confident self-starter to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding work environment with a growing company, let’s chat.
Bring With You
- Strong financial data analysis, organizational, and reporting skills.
- Must be able to utilize / manipulate necessary computer programs - create spreadsheets & formulas, create charts, and merge program data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Multi-state payroll and corporation tax processing experience.
- Strong Excel and database skills.
- A familiarity of the federal contracting accounting requirements (DCAA compliance).
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain discretion, confidentiality and take direction from the finance manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company.
- Current residence or willingness to relocate to Charlottesville, Virginia, or surrounding area.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
Spend Your Days
- Maintaining and manage all financial transactions, post all accounts payable and accounts receivable credits and record all transactions.
- Process multi-state payroll.
- Monthly account reconciliations.
- Corporate tax filings to include annual reports, property taxes, and business license tax.
- Prepare monthly financial statements – P&L reports, balance sheet, cash flow, and expense reporting.
- Prepare & input journal entries, as needed.
- Perform workers’ Compensation payroll audits.
- Update monthly financial metrics and provide analysis.
- Preparation and filing of 1099 forms.
- Consolidation, inter-company transactions and reconciliation.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Benefits processing to include IRA and life insurance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS); and at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years general ledger accounting experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Experience in Google Suite and Dropbox is a plus.
And You Will Receive
- Competitive compensation package plus benefits; including health and dental insurance
- Vacation and sick pay
- Paid holidays
- Matching retirement IRA option
- Opportunity to work with a committed team of professionals
No relocation package – Must live in Charlottesville, Virginia, or surrounding area.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with a subject line of “Accounting Specialist.” Upon favorable review of your resume, you will be asked for samples of your work.
bcg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. bcg prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.